Friday, September 26, 2008

West Hammered

The entire West Ham set-up can go take a long walk off a short pier, as far as I'm concerned. All of them! Players, staff, supporters, catering staff, the lot. The fact that they escaped with only a £5.5 million fine after they fielded an ineligible player in Carlos Tevez affair in 2006/07 was a complete joke, particularly in light of the £25 million television deal that was struck that year. I'm more than pleased that Sheffield United have managed to win their case through the recent independent commissions' findings. They're after £30 million, but that's yet to be confirmed. I hope they get it all, AND the Hammers get docked points like they always should have. It looks like some of the Sheffield United players are going to sue as well! To be honest, I'm just a bit annoyed that other clubs like Fulham and Wigan withdrew their threats to take legal action as soon as they realised they weren't going to suffer through West Ham staying up. I guess this shows the darker side of commerce and sport - when football is run purely by money, there's no room for integrity or loyalty anywhere. IPL/ICL, anyone?

There is another reason. Bastards. I really hate it when we lose at home!

No comments:

Never a truer word spoken

 I love this: Al Murray - or his alter-ego, the Pub Landlord - is always good for a one-liner.  This show is from a long time ago, 2004 I th...